Monday, January 18, 2010

To Give Thanks :)

Two beautiful days. How thankful I am that I was gifted with such greatness :)

Yesterday:long-desired hot-dogs; swinging in the fresh air; a long walk in the sunset- the sweet gift of sharing and listening (I pretty much occupied myself with the first part, and I thank you); sitting to watch a burning sunset of orange and pink pastels streaking from the horizon...

Side note: Andrew said pastel means "cake" in Spanish, which -for some reason- immediately caused me to imagine coloring a blank white cake with colored pastels. "I'm going to eat this pastel-" "No! It really is pastel!" ;D 

                    

... Fun, yummy dinner with lots of laughter; amazingly fun time of board games 

Side Note #2: For those interested to know, you would be most likely to find a grapefruit in Texas, the "mouse" is the only rodent-named item of a computer, and you do not use dice when playing hopscotch! -From "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Junior ;D ) 

Side Note #3: Not only did I win "Scrabble" for the first time in my life, but I learned that a foon is an eating utensil that combines a fork and a spoon. Furthermore, it is an item VVHS students who regularly brave the cafeteria line should be well-familiar with since  it seems to be the utensil of choice, probably owing to the money it saves APS by reducing the need to buy both spoons AND forks, which would be very inconvenient (for them) considering they serve extremely miss-matched, multi-ethnic foods which often include both liquids and solids (such as green beans, corn bread, and Chinese orange chicken) all in the course of one day's lunch. (  Learned many other words but they all seem to have slipped from the section of information my mind is cabable of retaining at the moment- though I feel certain I would recognize them in context ;) )

Moving on to today,  Andrew treated my family to a simply DELECTABLE (delightful; highly pleasing; enjoyable; delicious) breakfast which he made (with my encouraging back-up help-though encouraging doesn't make the rolls I made any less burnt- and my mom's skillful, speedy advice and assistance). The menu consisted of a pre-breakfast appetizer of a scrumptious fruit salad composed of cantaloupe, mandarin oranges, blueberries, apples, and kiwi, and a main course of 13 eggs frothily churned with precisely-proportioned milk and cheeze, perfectly crisp hashbrowns (hand-graded, de-moisturized, buttered, and carefully-watched and flipped by the chef himself), burnt but buono biscuits bought and baked by yours truly, and orange juice- a whole two liters of it, consumed to the last drop.  Simply scrumptious, and as filled with love as it was flavor  :)

A productive day made lethargic by the gloomy weather but taken advantage of through homework diligence and priceless massages of great comfort and care. A WONDERFUL dinner with my family -creamy chicken and spinach over white rice, with apple juice and toasted croissants =). And now: an over-ly done but quite enjoyable blogging session that is much more interesting than simply writing in a journal (thanks to the use of pictures, colored fonts, and the much-appreciated support of readers like you!), and RAIN ~

I will go now to lie peacefully and listen to its refreshing music of falling. As Andrew encouragingly posted a few days ago, so I repeat now in deep hopes that it will prove true:

"Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely." -Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Picture Credits 

pastels: pebblestorm.com/2008/ 11/29/sketch-evolution/ 

cake: babyparenting.about.com

foon: threeordinaryguys.com/ shop/index.php?main_pag...

scrabble pillows: bedzine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment