Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sorry.


Psalm 43:5: ‘Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Saviour and my God."

Dejavu 

Oh my gosh. I feel like this happened before. Every little detail of what happened and wanting to write this sentence, and thinking I did it in Italy, and saying "even looking for the quotes." 

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. 
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness. 
Martin Luther King, Jr.

(and how much less I have to be bitter about than the man who wrote those words!) 

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals. 
Martin Luther King, Jr. 

Nonviolence means avoiding not only external physical violence but also internal violence of spirit. You not only refuse to shoot a man, but you refuse to hate him. 
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. 
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal. 
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Things about myself I do not like: 

-I feel relieved when someone I dislike is looked on negatively 

-I have become OK with DISliking someone; I never seek out the good in them 

-I feel insecure when people interpret me as afraid, holding back, or having some sort of problem ; I resent negative comments about myself 

-I'm treating this semester like my "last" everything, and so I think I have the right to be able to enjoy things how I want them. In a way, it is my "last," but it's not the last of my LIFE 

I want to chill out. I want to enjoy. I want to be happy. I want to not be angry. I want to not feel hurt and disreguarded. I want to get along with people. I want to not have to deal with so much...confusion. I hate how I feel right now.

I'm going to bed.

(sorry).

          alwaysnewmistakes.wordpress.com/.../

No comments:

Post a Comment